1. Artificial intelligence (AI) From google maps to spam fillers, AI brings convenience and helps people fulfil their career ambitions. The future trend is to scale their efforts and bring consistency to their activities. Programming is out of the question, but HR leaders need to know enough to guide the conversation within employees and make the best decisions for the company.
2. Boolean Search This is a method for searching websites to limit the results by defining the relationships between key words. With all the new fancy search engines, fundamental tools such as Boolean Search can not be ignored by HR professionals.
Google search is focused on recent results. Refining Boolean Search skills can quickly access information from any database of software. The must-know Boolean operators are SITE, INURL, AND, OR, NOT.
3. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) ERP is the successor of materials resource planning which is described as a combination of manufacturing, financial and materials management software functionality. Human resources, professional services and customer relationship management functions are added to ERP.
ERP can go beyond the common benefits. It can use analytics to reduce workforce attrition, and therefore better target talent.
4. Search engine optimisation (SEO) SEO is a practice of improving the visibility and ranking of a website in the search engine. It is no longer only useful for marketing professionals. It is also crucial for HR professionals to minimise their talent acquisition efforts since more and more candidates are using major search engines for job searches. Mobile-optimised career microsites are becoming an important part of companies’ SEO strategies.
5. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) SaaS is any software paid for through a subscription or licence rental that does not require one to download it onto a computer. SaaS is easily confused with the term “cloud”, which refers only to computing resources such as data storage, virtual servers or networks which are only accessible for the information technology departments.
The database of information input and export that is accessible to users is the SaaS app.