According to Michael Page's Singapore Salary Benchmark 2019, roles such as data scientist, digital marketing manager, IT security lead, and performance marketing manager are among the most in-demand roles in Singapore at the moment (in the technology and digital space).
However, given there's a shortage of these skills, such talent is among the highest paid, with ecommerce directors taking home average salary of up to S$23,000 per month.
The following are the highest-paid technology roles in Singapore (with their average monthly salary in SGD):
- Chief Technology Officer - S$22,000
- IT Director - S$18,000
- Head of IT Security - S$18,000
- Head of Enterprise Architect - S$14,000
- Senior Engineer, Development & Architecture - S$10,000
- Ecommerce Director - S$23,000
- Digital Marketing Director - S$18,000
- Business Director - S$16,500
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - S$11,000
- User Experience Web Analytics SEO / SEM - S$9,600
In line with these, the following are the most in-demand roles and skills for both the technology and digital sectors respectively in Singapore:
However, with the shortage of supply in these skills, Shinjika Shukla, Associate Director Technology Practice, Michael Page Singapore, points out that brands don’t expect that new hires will have all the right skillsets on day one – they look for those willing and able to adapt and learn. "This means a learning-based mindset, and overarching logic-based and problem-solving skills."
With a view to the future, Michael Page provided an outlook on the gig economy as well. Salaries for contractual roles in the technology sector are in the following range (average monthly salary in SGD):
- IT Developer - S$5,700
- IT Consultant - S$6,500
- IT Business Analyst - S$7,100
- UX / UI Designer - S$6,500
- Project Manager - S$9,600